Learn Knitting: Patterns, Projects, Techniques provides essential lessons for anyone new to knitting. Understand knitting supplies and learn the basic skills with popular designer Stephanie Japel.
This course begins with the essentials of basic knitting and moves on to choosing appropriate supplies, casting on, purling and binding off.
Stefanie ends the course with a fun twist by showing you how to use alternate materials such as tulle and trash bags!
By taking the Learn Knitting: Patterns, Projects, Techniques online course you will:
- Learn about a variety of yarn, needles and handy gadgets.
- Get introduced to knitting’s most common method, long tail cast on.
- Learn the knit and purl stitches.
- Create purl ridges using the knit and purl stitches.
- Understand how to introduce lace to a project.
- Use increases and decreases to create keyholes and buttonholes.
- Weave in the ends of a finished project for both garter and stockinette stitches.
- Wet block and steam block, and learn when to use these methods.
- Use the basic knit and purl stitches to create more complex, detailed patterns, including the seed and basket-weave stitches.
- Learn how increases and decreases shape your garments.
- Get additional casting on methods: cable cast-on, knitting-on method and backwards-loop method.
- Demystify patterns!
The Learn Knitting: Patterns, Projects, Techniques online course includes:
- 16 HD video lessons available anytime
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Closed captioning
- Course materials including two patterns
- Questions of other students answered by course instructor
Watch this short introduction to the course!