Essential Short Row Knitting Techniques is a course that will teach you how to bring beautiful colour and shaping to your knitting projects.
This course with well-known knitwear designer Carol Feller will have you creating better fitting garments, and even creating three-dimensional effects to projects!
Carol will guide you through such techniques as knitting German and Japanese short rows, yarn over, and wrap and turn.
By taking this Essential Short Row Knitting Techniques online course you will:
- Open up a whole new world with short row knitting.
- Learn the very useful German short row technique.
- Knit in the round and add more short row skills – wrap and turn, Japanese, yarn over.
- Understand how short rows can help with ribbing and cables.
- Incorporate short rows outside — and within — a cable pattern.
- Get advice on working short rows into lace patterns.
- Compare the four methods learned.
- Learn how to create a bell-shaped curve, right leaning and left leaning slopes.
- Discover tips and tricks for knitting the heel and toe shapes of a sock using two different short row methods.
This course, Essential Short Row Knitting Techniques includes:
- 8 HD video lessons available anytime
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Closed captioning
- Course materials including diagrams and swatch instructions
- Questions of other students answered by course instructor
Watch this short introduction to the course!